Once again, thought I came up with a killer analogy–Iowans and The Sopranos–and nobody’s much impressed. Blogging’s harder than it looks.
Here are some non-analogous midday news/views treats:
* Nearly half of likely GOP Caucus-goers in latest Iowa Poll support the Cattle Car Caucus, wanting to round up and deport all 11 million undocumented immigrants in the country.
* Interesting Danny Vinik piece (good to see his byline again) at Politico on a weird USDA program that’s still paying pork producers’ lobby for defunct “other white meat” slogan.
* That was pretty fast: with Mikulski (following Coons and Casey) announcing support for Iran Nuclear Deal, Obama now has enough Senate votes to block veto override.
* HRC announces $10 billion proposal for stepped-up treatment of drug and alcohol addiction. But what about that email from Sidney?
* Trump attributes Bush attacks on his own self as attributable to pressure on Jeb from “the hedge-fund guys,” who are presumably upset about The Donald’s proposal to kill their favorite tax provision.
And in non-political news:
* As long rumored, McDonald’s announces all-day breakfast nationally, to debut in October.
As we break for breakfast–er, I mean lunch–here’s another funky tune from Joe Simon: “Drowning in the Sea of Love.”