Now that John Kerry’s getting mentioned as a potential “fallback” Democratic candidate for president, sad once again that I didn’t negotiate a percentage deal on sales of the 2004 campaign book I worked on. I do see 96 used hardback copies available on Amazon for the princely sum of one penny. Couldn’t get any lower, right?
Here are some more contemporary midday news/views snacks:
* So Bobby Jindal does his Trump Tirade at the Press Club in front of maybe 20 people. More about that later.
* Trump goes after Ben Carson for questioning his faith, sez Carson “makes Bush look like the energizer bunny.”
* Trump and Carson together command majority in new CNN/ORC national poll of Republicans.
* Deranged minds think alike: Oath Keepers send “security detail” to protect Kim Davis from U.S. Marshals.
* Paul Krugman notes the comical extent to which Jeb Bush repeating policy mistakes of his brother.
And in non-political news:
* Jason Zengerle luxuriates in memories of Washington’s NFL franchise when it was a unifying, not divisive, factor in DC society.
As we break for lunch, here, appropriately, is Barbecue Bob with “Barbecue Blues.”