Down in Carmel to run some errands and struck up a conversation with strangers. Back home in the South in this circumstance you’d talk about college football. Here it’s puppies, and I don’t mean my Georgia Bulldogs.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Politico profile on Hugh Hewitt, the conservative gabber/blogger who Republicans hope will give Donald Trump as hard a time tomorrow night as Megyn Kelly did in the first debate.
* At the Plum Line, Greg Sargent suggests Sanders could struggle to gain traction on HRC without an issue like the Iraq War.
* Jonathan Bernstein thinks Rick Perry’s “winnowing” shows the process works, however slowly.
* At College Guide, Jon Marcus notes states are supplying some of the comparative college data the feds are reluctant to compile or release.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo reviews some cases where education reporters have been in real danger.
And in non-political news:
* PBS is doing a Jim Henson profile to prepare for the new Muppets show.
That’s it for Tuesday. We’ll close with Snooky Pryor performing “In This Mess.”