A reminder to you that if you want to listen to some lively political talk while you’re traveling or exercising or just hanging out, you can subscribe to the podcast version of the Washington Monthly BloggingheadsTV show here. No reason anyone has to look at my face if they’ve got something better to do. The dulcet cracker tones of my voice are another thing altogether.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Commission announces general election debate schedule for September and October in Dayton, St. Louis & Las Vegas. Veep debate to be in Farmville, VA, of all places. I’ve been there; have you?
* Bernie Sanders publishes HuffPost op-ed attacking for-profit prisons.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman thinks House Democrats could really and truly exploit John Boehner’s desire for survival.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer mocks a boneheaded art project at SUNY Buffalo that managed to exacerbate racial tensions rather than expose racism.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo discusses the continuing challenge for education journalists of examining the premises of advocates seeking their attention.
And in non-political news:
* VW CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid scandal on rigging of U.S. emissions results for diesel vehicles.
That’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with Roy Buchanan performing “Backyard Jam” from a 1971 PBS documentary.