After multiple Skype outages, we did get a BloggingheadsTV episode recorded this morning, featuring our own Martin Longman as guest. We’ll put it up tomorrow.
Here are some remains of the day:
* As expected, center-right wins elections in Portugal despite austerity policies.
* Oh great: NBC execs mulling MSNBC lineup are considering expansion of Morning Joe so us Californians can see it. No thanks.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael O’Hare re-floats idea of making all gun owners have a license–to be issued by the NRA, which would be accountable for explaining why this or that lunatic got one.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo summarizes the coverage of departing Education Secretary Arne Duncan and his successor, John King.
* At Republic 3.0, Anne Kim looks at state-by-state gun possession statistics.
And in non-political news:
* 2014 National League Manager of the Year Matt Williams fired along with entire coaching staff as Nationals clean house.
That’s it for Monday. Let’s close with one of those alternative national anthems, this one the Steve Miller Band’s “Living in the U.S.A,” as performed in 1972. Somebody give me a cheeseburger!