Just realized yesterday that I’ve now been at Political Animal longer than Steve Benen was here. Amazing, eh?
Here are some midday news/views snacks:
* Obama announces he’s no longer planning to withdraw last 5,000 or so U.S. troops out of Afghanistan before the end of his term.
* McCarthy now not alone as Republican House Member admitting Benghazi! Committee designed to hurt HRC politically.
* Estimates of third-quarter fundraising numbers (gross, not net, and not including Super-PACs) have Clinton and Sanders pretty close on Dem side and Carson leading GOPers.
* Politico profiles “power behind the throne” Ivanka Trump.
* Josh Marshall tries to unravel where we are on Paul Ryan and the Speakership.
And in non-political news:
* 911 called by crew of Dr. Phil show after guest hinted at suicide.
As we break for lunch, here’s Robert Ward with “Your Love Is Amazing.”