We had us a pretty big power outage on the Monterey Peninsula yesterday, and until late last night I had no access to the internet or phone service. I accidentally made up for it by posting the Daylight Video in the middle of the night. We should be back to normalcy by tomorrow.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* Fox News now reporting Joe Biden not just planning any old announcement within 48 hours, but is announcing he’ll run.
* CIA contradicts Trey Gowdy’s claim Blumenthal-HRC email contained classified info.
* Gallup shows support for “stricter gun laws” up 8% since last year.
* At the Plum Line, Greg Sargent notes a new CNN/ORC poll shows HRC with wide leads over both Sanders and Biden on all seven issue areas tested.
* E. J. Dionne says Republican Establishment just not offering white working class voters attracted to Trump much of anything.
And in non-political news:
* Early firings creating rare October frenzy over college football coaching rumors.
As we break for lunch, here’s Piano Red with “Good Guys.”