THURSDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* The weather, at this point, looks pretty good for Denver tonight.
* Republicans may not be as meteorologically fortunate.
* A Time/CNN poll shows Obama leading McCain in New Mexico by 13, 53% to 40%.
* A Time/CNN poll shows Obama leading McCain in Nevada by five, 49% to 44%.
* A Time/CNN poll shows McCain leading Obama in Colorado by one, 47% to 46%.
* A Time/CNN poll shows Obama leading McCain in Pennsylvania by five, 48% to 43%.
* A University of Akron poll shows Obama and McCain tied in Ohio at 40% each.
* If McCain added Lieberman to the Republican ticket, it may not help as much as expected in Florida.
* There’s buzz in conservative circles about Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) possibly joining the McCain ticket, but Jonathan Martin reports that she hasn’t been vetted.
* Terry McAuliffe is apparently considering running for governor of Virginia.
* Did Rove call McCain to urge him not to pick Lieberman for the ticket? Rove doesn’t want to talk about it.