FRIDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* Yet another poll showing Biden doing very well with independents after last night’s debate.
* The far-right is hitting Obama very aggressively in Wisconsin over abortion rights.
* The Obama campaign has added a new field office in Omaha, Nebraska. (Remember, Nebraska is one of two states that can divide its electoral votes.)
* The New Yorker ran a lengthy endorsement of Barack Obama in its new issue.
* In New Hampshire, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by 10, 53% to 43%.
* In New Mexico, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by five, 49% to 44%.
* In Montana, Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama by eight, 52% to 44%.
* In New York, a Siena College poll shows Obama leading McCain by 22, 58% to 36%.