MONDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* Describing the state of the campaign, McCain will tell a Virginia audience this morning, “[W]e’ve got them just where we want them.”
* Yesterday, hoping to cheer up his staff, McCain vowed to “whip [Obama’s] you-know-what” in Wednesday’s debate.
* Relying on reports from CNN and Time, I indicated that Sarah Palin would campaign in West Virginia yesterday. It turns out, she skipped the state.
* For the first time in months, Obama did some door-to-door campaigning, this time in the Toledo, Ohio, area.
* Bill Clinton campaigned in Richmond, Va., yesterday, urging supporters to help Obama, but not to forget the importance of down-ballot Democrats, too.
* Over the last five weeks, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, and Joe Biden have appeared at a total of 95 separate events. Over the same period of time, John McCain, Cindy McCain, and Sarah Palin have appeared at 56 events.
* In Pennsylvania, a new Marist poll shows Obama leading McCain by 12, 53% to 41%.
* In Colorado, Public Policy Polling shows Obama leading McCain by 10, 52% to 42%.
* In Nevada, a Mason-Dixon poll shows Obama leading McCain by two, 47% to 45%.
* In Iowa, SurveyUSA shows Obama leading McCain by 13, 54% to 41%.
* In North Dakota, a poll from the Public Affairs Institute at Minnesota State University Moorhead shows Obama leading McCain by two, 45% to 43%.
* In California, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by 16, 56% to 40.