MONDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Wall Street had a very good day for a change, and the Dow soared 936 points, the biggest single-day point gain ever. As a percentage, the Dow closed 11.1% higher, the fourth best in market history.
* A second stimulus is likely, eventually.
* “Jobs, baby, jobs.”
* Did Obama push Iraqi leaders to delay a security agreement with the administration? Of course not.
* In 2006, Mark Foley’s sex scandal cost him his career. It now appears his replacement, Rep. Tim Mahoney (D-Fla.), will also see his career fall apart in 2008 thanks to his own sex scandal. What is with that district?
* If McCain/Palin wins on Election Day, Tina Fey plans to leave Earth.
* McCain was for ACORN before he was against it.
* On a related note, here’s a dose of reality in response to the ACORN hysteria.
* Sarah Palin’s claims on the stump aren’t just wrong, they’re pants-on-fire wrong.
* My friend Adam Serwer has a thought-provoking piece today on conservative attempts to call Obama a “socialist”: “Right-wing attempts to paint Barack Obama as a socialist aren’t just disingenuous. They’re rooted in a history of conservative smears against black leaders.”
* Fred Hiatt is still trying to exonerate John McCain. It’s still not working.
* Just as important as some racist nut at a McCain rally is what other McCain supporters do in reaction to the racist nut.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.