TUESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* For now, the 133 missing Minneapolis ballots in the unresolved Senate race in Minnesota are going to stay missing.
* Obama and Biden will meet with Al Gore today to discuss energy policy. A role in the administration is apparently not part of the discussions.
* With Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R) prepared to give up her seat in 2010 to run for governor, Texas Democrats are gearing up for the race. Former state Comptroller John Sharp and Houston Mayor Bill White are reportedly considering the contest.
* Chip Saltsman, the former head of the Tennessee Republican Party and the former campaign manager of Mike Huckabee’s White House bid, is the latest candidate for the chairmanship of the Republican National Committee.
* Very early polling in advance of next year’s gubernatorial race in Virginia shows Terry McAuliffe struggling against the likely Republican candidate, state Attorney General Robert F. McDonnell.
* ABC News has a copy of a McCain campaign ad on Jeremiah Wright, which McCain aides put together but did not air.
* The Republican establishment has gone from trashing Howard Dean to wanting to emulate him.
* Sen. Fran Drescher? Don’t count on it.