TUESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* Caroline Kennedy has hired “major Democratic fixer Josh Isay, who has deep connections to New York powerhouses Sen. Charles Schumer, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the Rev. Al Sharpton” to serve as a political consultant.
* Kennedy picked up her first endorsement yesterday, when Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) threw her support to Kennedy.
* Norm Coleman now has two sets of lawyers — one working on the recount mess in Minnesota, and a new team representing him in the FBI investigation into possible fundraising irregularities.
* George W. Bush thinks Jeb Bush would be an “awesome” senator.
* Kentucky Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo (D) is contemplating a rematch against Sen. Jim Bunning (R) in 2010. “I’m considering the race,” Mongiardo said yesterday.