TUESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* There hasn’t been a day this ugly on Wall Street in a while.
* Netanyahu was ahead in the polls, but it looks like the Kadima Party has edged the Likud Party in Israeli elections.
* Good: “The Obama administration on Tuesday overturned another Bush-era energy policy, setting aside a draft plan to allow drilling off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.”
* The Senate “centrists” are wedded to their version of the stimulus package, but House Democrats are planning to fight for the changes they believe are necessary.
* On a related note, here’s a good look at the difference between the two stimulus bills.
* Sarah Palin’s Trooper-gate scandal gets a little more interesting.
* Attorney General Eric Holder has “ordered a review of all claims of state secrets, which were used under the Bush administration to shield controversial antiterrorism programs from lawsuits.”
* It’s odd the Bush gang didn’t put the right-wing male escort in “Siberia.”
* The Club for Growth believes supporting the stimulus bill is “treason.” Those folks really aren’t well.
* Some days, the over-the-top mendacity from clowns like Limbaugh is more frustrating than other days.
* A more accurate version of Friday’s Graph of the Day.
* I wrote a few more posts than usual today (17). Sorry about that. Since the homepage only allows 15 posts at a time, this is a few too many.
* Joe Scarborough considered the possibility this morning that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
* I’ve seen Jon Stewart humiliate Bill O’Reilly on a few occasions, but this has to be one of the more impressive take-downs of all time.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.