TUESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* If you haven’t yet, don’t forget to take a couple of minutes to complete the BlogAds reader survey.
* The Wall Street roller coaster continued its wild ride, with the Dow closing up 270 points (3.3%) today. The S&P and Nasdaq indexes were up by slightly higher percentages.
* GM says it needs $12 billion to stay in business.
* An independent, congressionally-mandated has concluded that “terrorists will most likely carry out an attack with biological, nuclear or other unconventional weapons somewhere in the world in the next five years unless the United States and its allies act urgently to prevent that.”
* Biden really should try to stick to the script.
* There’s apparently low turnout in Georgia’s Senate runoff election today.
* The U.S. Mint is not at all pleased about those Obama coins that keep popping up on cable TV advertisements.
* The Sci Fi Channel has given the green light to “Caprica,” a “Battlestar Galactica” prequel.
* Note to hunters: sometimes, a deer will fight back.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.