THURSDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP…. Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* British voters head to the polls today.
* Gallup’s latest poll shows Republicans holding onto their edge over Democrats on voter enthusiasm, but the margin is getting smaller.
* Despite the concerns of Democratic Party leaders that he campaign will help Republicans, Hawaii’s Colleen Hanabusa (D) said yesterday she will not drop out of the upcoming congressional special election.
* Mocking Carly Fiorina’s (R) bizarre Senate campaign ads in California, the DSCC is doubling down on the “demon sheep” humor.
* And in Pennsylvania, with two weeks to go before the Democratic Senate primary, Rep. Joe Sestak is going after Sen. Arlen Specter on the incumbent’s biggest vulnerability: his associations with George W. Bush, Rick Santorum, and Sarah Palin.