Here’s your mid-day chafing dish of bite-size snacks:
* So maybe reports that Mitt Romney’s beginning to tap out his donor base are accurate: he’s now banking on calls from Donald Trump.
* Another mixed blessing for Mitt: an endorsement from MI Gov. Rick Snyder, not the state’s most popular man.
* Meanwhile, Santorum’s Super PAC makes $663,000 ad buy in MI.
* On Capitol Hill, the payroll tax/UI/”doc fix” deal is finally done. Now we’ll see if the votes are there.
* “Offsets” to extension package include $5 billion cut in health prevention funding, though $4 billion cut already proposed in Obama budget.
* Paul Ryan urges GOP candidates to “prepare the country” for big changes in Social Security and Medicare.
* Harold Meyerson says best Gingrich can hope for now is prime-time speech at Convention. Wonder how much that’s worth to Sheldon Adelson at this point?
Blogging to resume shortly.