It’s probably a bad idea to end the day by thinking about, much less writing about, Queen Esther of the Permafrost. So for all of us, a quick palate-cleanser before we focus on returns from Biloxi and Opelika:
* In what sure looks like anticipatory whining, Rick Santorum claims Fox News is in the tank for Mitt.
* Tim Kaine offers Senate opponent George Allen agreement on banning ads by Super PACs who won’t disclose donors. No word back yet from the Macaca Man.
* In the spirit of the national focus on the Heart of Dixie, Daniel Luzer at College Guide discusses Alabama controversy over direction of the state’s community college system.
* Kevin Drum applauds Justice Department action on Texas voter ID law.
* Reid demands Senate action on stalled nominations.
And in non-political news: Miley Cyrus and Ke$ha among those appearing on Bob Dylan tribute album. Is nothing sacred?
I’ll have AL/MS analysis aplenty tomorrow.