Having spent yesterday loitering around waiting to be selected or rejected for a jury (thanks to Jesse Singal for sitting in at short notice), I’m now having to return to the courthouse in a few hours, which may bring today’s blogging to an early close (though maybe not, depending on whether I’m cooling my heels in an internet-enabled holding area or have entered the santum sanctorum of justice). So I’ll take a very short lunch break; here are some light snacks:
* With his usual decisiveness, John Boehner endorses Mitt Romney for president. Such a brave man.
* Ann Romney, the new rock star of GOP politics, tells Diane Sawyer the family dog Seamus loved traveling on the car roof. Don’t push your luck, Ann.
* Irresistable headline: “Newt Gingrich Bitten By Penguin At St. Louis Zoo.”
* Herman Cain’s tax day rally in Washington a big flop.
* Administration proposes new measures to curb oil speculators. How about putting them in stocks on Gulf oil platforms?
And in non-political news:
* Fresh from performance with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog, Tupac hologram may go on the road.
Back in a jif.