Don’t know what it’s like where you are, but on this Friday afternoon in central California, it’s beautiful, and you can hear the seal pups learning to bark. Meanwhile, we’re down to the bare dregs of news:
* Michelle Bachmann allows as how she ran a damn near perfect campaign, except for the John Wayne and Elvis things.
* Sarah Posner raps Obama for keeping the religious-industrial complex of Bush’s faith-based initiative alive.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer has two reports from the ongoing higher ed nightmare in California: one on UC-San Diego’s abandonment of pledge to allow community college grads guaranteed admission, and another on the continuing efforts of Cal State branch presidents to obtain big salaries as their schools fall apart.
* Climate-change-denying Heartland Institute puts up billboards identifying its enemies with Unabomber, Manson, Castro. Nice.
* Dave Weigel views ad for new group of would-be Swift Boaters and adjudges it as “cheesy.”
And in non-political news:
* Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Yauch dies of cancer at 47. RIP.
That’s it for the week, folks. Jesse Singal will be Guest-Blogging this weekend. Please give him a high-five and a careful read.
Have a good weekend, and tomorrow, be sure to look for the heart of Saturday Night.