I need to apologize for the late start today. I got a new phone day before yesterday, and have clearly failed to master its alarm clock function (I did select the alarm tone that plays the first chords of Bo Diddley’s “I’m a Man,” but did not succeed in turning it on). Gotta say it’s strange to have a job where you feel like a total slacker for sleeping until 6:30 a.m., but that’s the price to pay for my glorious California surroundings, eh?
In any event, I think we’re caught up (with some fine help from Blue Girl), so here are some midday treats:
* Speaking of slackers: WaPo’s Richard Cohen, fresh from going nuclear on Harry Reid, backs up Mitt on “cultural differences” claim re Israelis and Palestinians.
* Sandra Fluke to introduce Obama at campaign stop in Denver. Colorado wingnuts will go wild over this one.
* Fact-checker solidarity: WaPo’s Kessler gives Harry Reid four Pinnochios for tax attack on Mitt.
* Rafalca fails to make Olympics dressage finals. So Romneys officially leave London without any laurels for sports or politics.
* And in non-political news:
* Amish population in North America expected to reach a million by 2050. Who knew?
Back shortly. But since I’m mentioned it….