It’s Car Week on the Monterey Peninsula, which means every time I look out window I see some half-million-dollar vehicle cruising by, which is cruel since I am without wheels at the moment. Enough to get the Class Warfare Juices running! But nevermind: here are some news leftovers:
* FRC says Southern Poverty Law Center “gave license” to shooting of security guard by calling it “hate group.” So it’s okay to break law and commit violence so long as target is “hate group?” I must have missed that day at Alinsky Camp.
* Espeth Reeve mocks Romney’s use of whiteboard to make simplistic statements about Medicare.
* Santorum says Obama insurance regulations forcing Catholics into confessionals. You’d think he’d thank Obama; Sacrament of Penance has been a bit underused of late.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein has more on the meaninglessness of the “Veep Selection Bump.”
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes that since 1978, college costs have gone up twice as fast as medical care. Yikes.
And in non-political news:
* Red Sox announce embattled manager Bobby Valentine will finish out horrific season.
Back tomorrow to close out an angry week of politics.