So Todd Akin tells Huck listeners he’s staying in. I wouldn’t conclude Blue Girl’s prediction of Akin’s withdrawal is wrong just yet; it will simply be a lot harder to replace him if he hangs around for a while.
In any event, it’s a spicy topic for lunch again today. Here’s more on that and other hot topics:
* Just prior to Akin’s announcement, joint statement issued by Blunt, Ashcroft, Bond, Danforth and Talent–the entire state GOP establishment–urging him to quit.
* In brilliant timing, GOP Platform Committee again rejects rape/incest exceptions to support for Human Life Constitutional Amendment banning virtually all abortions.
* Steve King allows as how he’s never heard of statutory rape or incest victim getting pregnant, either. He’s just saying.’
* Just to make sure not one day will go on without repetition of welfare lie, Romney puts out new web video on subject.
* Man, what impatience! Elliot Abrams calls for force resolution to authorize attack on Iran.
And in non-political news:
* 50-year-old Roger Clemens announces comeback as pitcher for indie minor league team the Sugar Land Skeeters.
Back after some delightful frozen food.