I’ve got family visiting, and Ryan is helping me get through the blogging day. But here are some lite bites for your mid-day reading:
* MoJo’s Andy Kroll catches Ralph Reed’s Faith and Freedom Coalition doing a mailer that pushes associations of Obama with all sorts of totalitarian threats of the past.
* The Great Explainer, Bill Clinton, does a good job of showing how and why Mitt Romney’s tax plan will inevitably lead to higher middle class taxes.
* Politico‘s Alexander Burns discusses a batch of recent polls showing Obama opening up a serious lead in Ohio, which could represent an existential threat to Romney’s prospects.
* Scott Brown staffers, getting a bit carried away with attacks on Elizabeth Warren for her claims of native American heritage, caught on video doing war chants and tomahawk chops.
* Here is prepared text of Obama’s address to the United Nations. Equation of Holocaust denial with insults to Prophet stood out for me.
And in non-political news:
* Replacement refs strike again on Monday Night Football.
Back in a short while.