* BHO misses opportunity to mention that Paul Ryan author of Social Security privatization proposal.
* Obama very professorial on Medicare. Needs a little more passion.
* Was about to say Mitt back-tracking on “Medicare cuts.” Had to correct himself.
* Pretty good BHO riff on Medicare vouchers. Mitt responds by repeating himself. I also think he’s making a mistake dissing traditional Medicare.
* Mitt making passionate defense of regulation. Conservative heads explode.
* Almost always a mistake to use programmatic language like “Dodd/Frank.” Most listeners figure it’s a brand of hot dogs.
* Don’t think Romney ought to get drawn into extended discussion of bank regulations.