Made it through the entire day without having to write about gripping saga of Obama campaign taking interview with Des Moines Register off and then on the record! Who cares? Here’s some better stuff for the day’s end:
* Fascinating Jeremy Peters report on testing and distribution of last-minute anti-Obama messages, including D’Souza’s 2016 and the even more despicable Dreams From My Real Father.
* Reason magazine publishes its own remarkably large staff’s presidential preferences, and shows everyone for Gary Johnson other than six proud non-voters and another who says it’s nobody’s damn business but his own. Ah, Libertarians.
* Sarah Palin takes to her Facebook page again and mocks the president’s “shuck and jive” on Benghazi. It would clearly be racist of me to note the use of a racially-tinged insult by La Pasionaria of the Permafrost, right?
* In non-racist mockery at Ten Miles Square, Mark Kleiman has great sport with Mitt Romney’s Middle Eastern geography issues.
* At College Guide, Richard Vedder identifies five factors that might be causing dropping college enrollments.
And in non-political news:
* Brazilian man shows up as his own funeral after being mistakenly identified as gun slaying victim.
13 days to go until Election Day, and still no more debates!