Hope everyone made it through the night okay. I realize Sandy’s still wreaking havoc–in some places where no one was much expecting it–but it appears DC was spared the worst, and even in NYC, it might have been worse.
Anyway, feel free to post any personal experiences or observations in the comment thread. Here are some lunch items from the emergency news stash:
* No, this isn’t from The Onion: Michael “Brownie” Brown accuses Obama of reacting too quickly to Sandy.
* Early estimate of economic losses from Sandy: $20 billion, with $7-8 billion in insured property damage.
* Richard Cohen offers least positive endorsement of a presidential candidate–Obama–in recorded history.
* ABC’s Amy Walter suggests late ad push by GOPers in MN and PA partly because airwaves already “saturated” in battleground states.
And non non-political news:
* Flooded LaGuardia Airport to remain closed for days.
Back in a very short while.