There is not, as you might guess, a lot of U.S. political news to accompany your Thanksgiving Day feast. But here are a few items:
* White House rejects Boehner suggestion that Obamacare is “on the table” in fiscal talks.
* Hilarious Chait take on abrupt revisionism of conservative spinmeisters, who now view Obama campaign as irresistable Death Star.
* Kevin Drum notes that it’s mainly Fox News viewers who have any interest in the Great Benghazi Scandal of 2012.
* Carl Cannon flashes back to JFK’s trip to Dallas in 1963, this day 49 years ago.
* Alec MacGillis argues that Democrats should “give thanks” for Mitt Romney–not just because he was an often-awkward candidate, but because he was a “powerful clarifying force.”
And in non-political news:
* A new Jimi Hendrix album with previously unreleased cuts will come out in March of 2013.
Back later if events so dictate. Otherwise, enjoy Thanksgiving Day!