Sorry again for the power outage and early slow posting, but we’re now ahead of schedule (and thanks to Ryan for an intervention!). Here are some mid-day snacks from the chafing dishes:
* Palmetto State native Stephen Colbert volunteers for Senate duty!
* ThinkProgress’ Scott Keyes offers eleven reasons we should all be happy Jim DeMint is leaving the Senate.
* Dinesh D’Souza claims “liberal bias” denied him an “Best Documentary” Oscar nomination for 2016, but at Alternet Laura Gottesdiener suggests the film just sucked.
* Rothenberg notes that if they have a performance in Senate races in 2014 anything like this year’s, Dems will be in fine position to win super-majority in 2016.
* Cantor and Cuccinelli squabble over nominating process for Virginia Republican candidates.
And in non-political news:
* Baseball great Robin Yount Cheneys Cubs manager Dale Sveum during quail hunt; injuries not serious.
Back after a short break, but in honor of all the talk of my native state of South Carolina this morning, here’s the Byrds (with Gram Parsons) performing “Hickory Wind” in 1968.