It’s been a long day full of time-consuming distractions. Here’s what I’ve got in the way of leftovers and late news:
* Like Odysseus lashed to the mast, Boehner vows he will no longer listen to Siren Song offering one-on-one negotiations with the president.
* Christie joins other northeastern GOPers in blasting their party’s House Caucus for its Sandy Funding Fail.
* Reid announces extended-first-day-of-session gambit to delay deadline for filibuster reform.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein criticizes the standard liberal and conservative takes on the enactment of Obamacare.
* At College Guide, Richard Vedder questions the value of U.S. college-based research.
And in non-political news:
* Kobe Bryant calls his Lakers an “old damn team.”
I can relate, Kobe. Seeing that “2013” at the top of the newspapers and web sites makes me feel damn old, too.