Sorry I spent so high a percentage of posts today just bashing conservatives (and their friends the Second Amendment absolutists). But sometimes they leave no choice. Here are some remainders of the day:
* Newark mayor Cory Booker, not waiting for Frank Lautenberg to retire, takes first formal step towards 2014 Senate race.
* Atlantic‘s Ta-Nehisi Coates mocks attempted cooptation of MLK by supporters of Gun Appreciation Day.
* WaPo’s Greg Sargent notes significance of Chamber’s Tom Donahue joining business leaders calling on GOP to stop taking debt limit hostage.
* At Ten Miles Square, Gregory Koger articulates progressive case against using “constitutional option” for filibuster reform.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports declining grad school enrollment product of reduced financial aid.
And in non-political news:
* Don’t know how deep the betting pool is on this stuff, but here’s one prominent set of predictions for Sunday’s Golden Globes.
The always-excellent Adele Stan is back for Weekend Blogging. I’ll sign off with some more Warren Zevon: a beautiful performance of “Desperadoes Under the Eaves” back in 1976, accompanied by some nice photos of the Excitable Boy.