Having begun and ended my blogging day with efforts to deconstruct the thinking of Second Amendment Absolutists, I’m ready for a gun-free evening.
Here are some final news/views items:
* Charles Pierce translates Obama’s 23 executive orders on gun violence into NRA Tyranny Language. It’s funny, but what’s not so funny is that it’s pretty close to the real thing.
* Safety issues continue to mount for Boeing’s new “flagship” airliner, the 787.
* Harry Reid’s very limited filibuster reform plan likely to be adopted, and not by the “constitutional option.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein discusses the congressional GOP’s habit of manufacturing crises.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues that changing standards, not lead exposure, most probable cause of fluctuating high school graduation rates.
And in non-political news:
* Bizarre story unfolding about Notre Dame star Manti Te’o’s apparently fictitious girlfriend.
Tomorrow I plan to write about Planned Parenthood’s announced abandonment of the term “pro-choice”–and whatever else makes news.
Having posted Ebn Ozn’s risible tribute to modern love in the Daylight Video, guess I’ll end the day with the duo’s stab at social consciousness: “Bag Lady,” featuring Imogene Coca (!) and a framed portrait of JFK.