Back on my boring diet, which has everything I need other than the joyful experience of eating. The mandatory ten glasses of water each day is a thrill, though.
Here are some more savory mid-day bites for readers:
* Hilarious post by TBogg of FDL on the Wall Street Journal‘s depiction of the grim life of people earning $650k a year.
* Alas, my pastor Dan Paul will not be delivering the benediction at Obama’s Inauguration. But the substitute chosen by the Inaugural Committee, Rev. Luis Leon of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington, sounds fine.
* TPM’s Josh Marshall calls the NRA “a disease on the body politic.” Stop being so equivocal and tell us what you really think, Josh.
* In another act of rhetorical restraint, Whole Foods CEO changes mind, now calls Obamacare “fascism” rather than “socialism.”
* New PPP survey shows Florida Gov. Rick Scott with a richly earned 33/57 approval/disapproval rating. Potential Dem opponent and former Gov. Charlie Crist in slightly better shape at 70/16.
* Al Qaeda-affiliated Algerian group claims it’s taken 41 foreign hostages, including 7 Americans (with three other foreigners killed) in response to Algerian government’s cooperation with French intervention in Mali.
And in non-political news:
* Chip Kelly flip-flops, now leaving Oregon Ducks for Philadelphia Eagles.
Back after the next unsatisfying meal.