Well, I hope everyone reading this has someone to love, up close or afar, on this Valentine’s Day, or can at least remember or hope for it.
Here are some final news/views items:
* Some good weekly economic indicators out, FWIW.
* After weeks of being coy, Lautenberg announces retirement. Corey Booker already in race to succeed him; Frank Pallone could soon challenge him.
* The Atlantic‘s Matthew O’Brien shows Rubio a captive of “terribly wrong” Say’s Law.
* At Ten Miles Square, Rhiannon Kirkland exposes the emptiness of Obama claim of “transparency” in counter-terrorism efforts.
* At College Guide, Richard Vedder equally unimpressed with Obama’s college reform pledges in SOTU Address.
And in non-political news:
* In case you’re staying home for Valentine’s Day and are thinking of watching a movie, here’s a list of 14 romantic comedies to avoid.
And if you are alone, here’s Joe Jackson again to sympathize with “Hit Single.”