Getting ready for a quiet weekend of reading and writing (yeah, a real change of pace) and probably a bit of beer and football (of a detached nature, since it’s a bye week for Georgia).
Here are some final items of the day:
* Life imitates parody: had to read this three times to make sure it wasn’t from The Onion, but yes, John McCain will publish an op-ed critical of Vladimir Putin at Pravda.
* World turns: California legislature passes bill allowing undocumented to obtain driver’s licenses.
* Biden refers to conservatives who obstructed renewal of Violence Against Women’s Act as “this sort of Neanderthal crowd.” Harsh but fair.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jamie Malanowski proposes “Washington Arrows” as name for Our Nation’s Capital’s NFL team. I’d add that “Hail to the Arrows” works pretty well.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes college test cheating could be easily reduced by more essay testing.
And in non-political news:
* Bummer: chocolate prices due to spike as demand increases and butter supplies hoarded.
That’s it for the day and the week. Kathleen Geier will bring her fiery keyboard and broad-ranging interests to PA again this weekend. To close Friday the 13th, here’s “Friday the 13th” by Atomic Rooster from 1970. Stay safe and lucky.