Sorry for the posting lapse, but had some administrative stuff come up. We’ll play catch-up shortly. Here are some midday news/views snacks that are still a bit warm:
* Obama admits big problems with healthcare.gov, tries to distinguish, as he should, the Affordable Care Act’s more fundamental features. More about this later.
* Heritage’s big new Obamacare “study” focuses on premium prices but ignores subsidies that will help pay them.
* New WaPo/ABC poll shows 66% opposing repeal of Obamacare.
* Just in time for the holidays, SNAP benefits being reduced for many recipients on November 1 as stimulus-era expansion expires.
* A fine coals-to-Newcastle story: Mike Bloomberg awarded million-dollar prize for philanthropy. That’s sofa-cushion change to him, and he’s already pretty committed to making contributions to charities.
And in non-political news:
* In case you missed it over the weekend, college football plunged into chaos with 9 of 22 top-ranked teams losing.
Here’s another long-lost song about HUAC and its legacy, from Betty Sanders, entitled “Talking Un-american Blues.”
Back in a bit.