I have a screaming WaMo article deadline, some major moonlighting work, and some time-consuming church-family obligations, too. So I pray I can avoid the temptation of watching the two big college football games (Oklahoma/Baylor and Oregon/Stanford) on the tube tonight.
Here are some final items of this day:
* Senate passes ENDA by a 64-32 margin, with House almost certain to kill it.
* FDA goes after trans-fats in a big way.
* Guess I should finally take notice of the Rob Ford story. Here’s a link to his latest outrage. It’s definitely not family-friendly, but neither, it appears, is Ford.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket takes a closer look at Colorado’s failed school tax initiative.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer examines the gender politics of college mascots.
And in non-political news:
* Big dangerous typhoon hitting central Philippines.
Have to finish today’s Joni-fest with this amazing performance of “Amelia.”