A reminder: Monday is Veterans Day, and thus PA will be on its federal holiday Lite Blogging schedule.
Here are some remains from this non-Holiday.
* National Journal‘s Lucia Graves offers excellent reminder of nasty realities of pre-reform health care system.
* Charles Pierce goes to the immense (but amusing) effort of deconstructing an interview between Peggy Noonan and Mitch McConnell.
* Interesting Twitter discussion going on among Sarah Posner, yours truly, and Rev. Joshua DuBois (former head of Obama’s Faith-Based Organizations office) about the Rev.’s recent interview with The Blaze. Just follow the tweets from Sarah’s first one.
* Nice summary from Brad Plumer of the factors contributing–and not so much contributing–to the shrinking U.S. workforce.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys notes that fall-off in Sarvis vote in VA totally predictable, but often not predicted by pollsters.
And in non-political news:
* A scary primer on super-typhoons, like the one battering the Philippines.
And a bonus:
* It’s National Stout Day! Who knew? I recommend Sierra Nevada, or the harder-to-find Jamaican stout Dragon. But Rasputin Imperial Stout has the coolest bottle.
Okay, that’s it for the day and week. Ryan Cooper will be at the controls of PA this weekend. Here’s one more “hit” of Quicksilver: “Fresh Air,” performed at the Fillmore in 1971.