Guess it’s time to catch up on today’s political news and views after Ryan and I spent so much time and space on deep dives into bigger topics. Here’s what I have for lunch:
* Massachusetts heath plan architect Jonathan Gruber says we won’t know much more than we do today about the successes and failures of Obamacare until the fall of 2014.
* Entire blogosphere having great sport with David Brooks column on his youthful dope-smoking. I didn’t feel much like shooting fish in a barrel this morning, but you never know what the afternoon will bring.
* American Idol alum Clay Aiken actively considering U.S. House race in North Cackalacky.
* Peter King does a lot for Edward Snowden’s reputation by wild attack on him at Fox News.
* Peggy Noonan suggests only reason Bill de Blasio was elected mayor is that too many voters aren’t as old and wealthy as she is.
And in non-political news:
* You do not want to be in the vicinity of any Alabama Crimson Tide fans today if you can help it.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Aretha: the 1968 hit “The House That Jack Built.”