Every time there is rush-hour snow or ice in Atlanta, a Trafficapocalypse occurs. Blame routine horrible traffic, lack of snow plows, even panicky southern drivers. But don’t act like it’s anything new.
Thus endeth the morning lesson. Now here’s some midday news/views nibbles:
* Ezekiel Emanuel offers best comparison yet of Obamacare and new Coburn/Burr/Hatch proposal.
* At The Nation Michelle Goldberg provides good background and context for “toxic Twitter wars” among feminist writers and scholars.
* On another digital media topic, at New York Times David Carr discusses hazy future of ventures like Ezra Klein’s.
* CNN snap poll gave SOTU Address high marks, as is usually the case.
* Perhaps emboldened by his extensive hangout with Duck Dynasty actors last night, Sen. Lindsey Graham blasts Obama for not recognizing in SOTU address that “the world is literally about to blow up.” Apparently not before his primary.
And in non-political news:
* 694 passengers and crew reported stricken with probable norovirus on cruise ship steaming towards New Jersey port. Amazingly, it’s not on the doom-stricken Carnival line.
As we break for lunch, I don’t have any more Dr. Strangelove music, so let’s shift gears slightly and feature Apocalyptica and Gavin Rossdale performing “The End of Me.”