I hope some of you are stuffing your faces with Valentine’s Day candy by now, or whatever loving edibles you’ve been given.
Here are a few lite but loving treats midday treats from the candy dish:
* The beat goes on: a federal judge strikes down Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban, and another path of litigation heads towards SCOTUS.
* Tom Perkins sez only taxpayers should vote, and heavy taxpayers should get multiple votes. If I were a plutocrat, I’d tell Tom Perkins to STFU.
* Schumer arrives at the last stop for immigration reform in the House, a discharge petition.
* NCSL publishes handy-dandy calendar of state primary dates for 2014.
* Workers at Chattanooga VW plant vote on union representation today, with tacit support from employer but amidst rabid threats from GOP.
And in non-political news:
* Winter weather flight cancellations reach record levels.
As we break for lunch, there are an almost infinite number of “love songs” out there, but let’s do one for old hippies: Quicksilver Messenger Service’s cover of Bo Diddley’s “Who Do You Love?” performed at Winterland in 1975.