Managed to get my interview with KAZU (no idea when it will be aired) done without missing a post, thanks in part to Nancy Le Tourneau.
Here are some speedy midday news/views treats:
* New study shows there are 3.7 million public gun carriers with severe impulsive anger issues. Yeah, but we need them in case we need to overthrow the government!
* Speaking of anger issues, Brian Beutler says Rand Paul’s presidential campaign will be derailed by his “petulance with reporters.”
* Linc Chafee, last seen fleeing a gubernatorial reelection campaign because of terrible approval ratios, announces he’s seriously considering Democratic presidential run.
* At the New Yorker, Richard Socarides previews a very likely SCOTUS ruling making marriage equality national.
* Thomas Edsall argues in-fighting over cultural issues may help Republicans by showing they’re not gripped by dead dogma. Okay, if you say so, Tom.
And in non-political news:
* Crazy bad weather threatening Midwest.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Carl Perkins, with “Gone, Gone, Gone.”