I notice tomorrow’s high temperature in Atlanta will hit 75 degrees. It must be a relief, but don’t think they’re having that spectacular brief stretch of February spring weather I remember from college days when it made studying impossible.
Here are some tolerably warm midday news/views treats:
* Video of Cossack militiamen horsewhipping Pussy Riot members in Sochi must be worth its weight in gold to protesters against Putinism.
* Another bad sign for Putin: TNR’s Julia Ioffe says Ukrainian protests Putin’s “worst nightmare.”
* Pope Erick Erickson thunders at evangelical writers who write for liberal publications as “useful idiots of Baal.” He’s really working himself up into an Inquisition, albeit a Protestant fundamentalist one.
* Paul Waldman unearths research on political views of ultra-wealthy, who may be “elites” but sure aren’t liberals.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Virginia legislation would force cemeteries to let people be buried with their pets.
As we break for lunch, here’s another cut from Tommy, the pre-Tina-Turner version of “Acid Queen,” performed at the Isle of Wight in 1970.