Afraid with my schedule I didn’t stay up to watch the Senate Dem “talkathon” on climate change last night, but I’ll try to get in a post about it this afternoon.
Here are some midday news/views snacks:
* Georgia GOP Senate candidate David Perdue the latest to get snarled up on past statements about health care reform.
* Senate unanimously passes McCaskill “compromise” bill on military sexual assaults.
* David Brooks says we’re in an era that doesn’t acknowledge the importance of leadership; as usual, not clear whether he approves or disapproves.
* New poll shows left-for-dead Mark Pryor continuing to run even with Tom Cotton. Damn voters….
* Stu Rothenberg attributes (accurately, I believe) gap b/t Democratic and Republican approval ratings as mainly attributable to Republicans who think their party is screwed up but will vote for their candidates anyway.
* Selling of the President 1968 author Joe McGinnis dies at 71. Wingnuts will mainly remember him as Sarah Palin’s “stalker.”
And in non-political news:
* Something’s off when another big snowstorm coincides with the beginning of Daylight Savings Time.
As we break for lunch, here’s another less-renowned McCartney tune, and one of my favorites: “Paperback Writer,” performed following a pretty interesting couple of anecdotes about Jimi Hendrix.”