Another day with blessed rain here on the Central Coast (or if that “6 Californias” initiative passes, Southwest Silicon Valley). Sorry for those of you in the Northeast getting a different kind of precipitation.
Here are some slightly soggy midday news/views treats:
* No signs of Senate Republicans who support UI extension backing off to help John Boehner avoid the issue by killing the bill in the upper chamber.
* Only 2 of 10,855 peer-reviewed scientific papers on climate change published in 2013 reject reality of anthropogenic global warming. So “experts differ.”
* BBC reports that men in Pyongyang have been instructed to adopt Kim Jong-Un’s hair style. I assume bald people are exempt, but you never know.
* 538’s Harry Enten reports GOP presidential field more scattered than any at this point since the early 70s, while HRC polling like an incumbent.
* Gallup confirms something we should already understand: seniors have realigned towards GOP since 2003.
And in non-political news:
* New site (DoestheDogDie.com) lets moviegoers know about and avoid flicks with animal deaths.
As we break for lunch, here’s Joe Bonamassa with Beth Hart performing “I’ll Take Care of You.”