Day half gone, and sadly, no response from Dave Weigel to my Twitter announcement of Badger music at PA.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* No surprise here: Senate Republicans successfully filibuster minimum wage bill.
* Fascinating brace of public-opinion based posts at 538 on how to define “the Midwest” and “the South.” More about this topic later.
* Democratic Governors Association not giving much love–or money–to Wendy Davis.
* At some point this year, Senate will vote on constitutional amendment restoring Congress’ right to regulate campaign contributions.
* Former SCOTUS Justice John Paul Stevens utters the ultimate heresy: “Money is not speech.” How un-American!
And in non-political news:
* Twitter user growth slowing, but still growing.
As we break for lunch, here’s another tune from One Live Badger: “Wheel of Fortune.” For the record, this tune predated the TV game show by several years.