Lotta heavy blogging freight this morning. Hope I can just find some poll this afternoon. In the meantime, if you haven’t read the cover story from the new issue of WaMo, check it out.
Here are some midday news/views snacky snackies:
* Yet another school shooting (yet again in Oregon), with two dead including the shooter.
* Nocera examines Eximbank as the latest Tea Party target.
* ISIS seizes control of Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city.
* Greg Sargent reports Social Security expansion bill getting steadily stronger support among congressional Dems.
* Legalized pot a problem for boosters of Denver as potential site of 2016 GOP Convention. Cue the “up in smoke” references.
And in non-political news:
* Australian researchers conclude a “mystery monster” ate a Great White Shark. Jaws V?
As we break for lunch, here’s Howlin’ Wolf with “Taildragger,” the 1968 “electric” version.