Preparing to go back to Georgia for more family business next week. Don’t suppose autumn could arrive by then, could it?
That was a joke.
Here are some remains of the day:
* David Frum hails Obama speech in Estonia today as representing “ultimate” U.S. commitment to NATO. That makes me kind of nervous.
* Jeffrey Toobin explains why Halbig case ultimate test for Scalia’s doctrine of textualism.
* At TNR Rebecca Leber looks at slow progress of legislation criminalizing “revenge porn.” CA–and to my surprise, GA–are among 13 states that have acted.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein argues timing is wrong for GOP shutdown even if Obama freaks them out with DACA expansion.
* At College Guide, Conor Williams compares Bobby Jindal’s sudden disdain for Common Core with aftermath of one-night stand.
And in non-political news:
* Celebrity nude pix hackers may have stumbled into child porn charges.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with Montrose performing “Space Station #5” in Santa Cruz: