As I expected, the brief morning rain ended, and I’ve never been quite so unhappy to see another gloriously unclouded blue-sea afternoon. It’s an illusory paradise here on the Central Coast if the drought goes on and on.
Here are some remains of the day:
* As one might expect, conservative reaction to Holder resignation was fast & furious; Black Panthers invoked!
* With Holder resignation, Arne Duncan (Education) and Tom Vilsack (USDA) will soon become last two original Cabinet members still in original jobs.
* Meet the Press finishes third in Sunday Show rankings for second week after scoring first w/ Chuck Todd’s interview of Obama.
* Neocon hysteria over Obama’s Ferguson mention in UN speech not confined to Cheney, as Elias Isquith reports at Salon.
* At Slate, David Auerbach wonders why 4chan’s sins haven’t much been attributed to the site’s founder and still dominant figure.
And in non-political news:
* Dow plunges 264 points as tech companies lead decline.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with some late ABBA, as the marriages and then the band were beginning to collapse: “Super Trouper.” Soo-papa troo-papa!