So I’m going to have to finish reading God, Guns, Grits and Gravy this weekend and write a review. Hope your weekend plans are more pleasant.
Here are some midday treats that do not include grits or gravy:
* Democrats to hold 2016 convention (unclear where) week after GOP confab, in July. More about that later.
* Obama and Kerry making it clear Netanyahu speech to Congress in March better be “toned down.”
* No substantive leaks from Bush/Romney meet in Utah yesterday, except that it was “gentlemanly.”
* Early estimates of next census show red states picking up two House seats and blue states losing four. A lot could change, though.
* Leave it to Sarah Palin to use “deflategate” to question manhood of GOP leadership.
And in non-political news:
* Expedia buys Travelocity for $280 million. Gnomes presumably included.
As we break for lunch, here’s Django Reinhardt performing “Minor Swing” in 1937.